Yes, repeating a course where a D or lower grade was earned is the quickest way to increase your Grade Point Average (GPA). Be warned that only the newest grade is averaged in the Grade Point Average; therefore, if you earn an F when trying to forgive a D – only the F will be factored in the Grade Point Average.